If at all possible, please book one of the first two designated conference hotels (OM Sanctuary and Renaissance Inn). These hotels are offering us good rates during high season, and will feature shuttle service to and from UNCA. We will eat the costs of any unused rooms, so please give these a good look when exploring your options. There is a comments thread below (to coordinate sharing a room) as well as transportation options to and from the airport.
OM Sanctuary (www.omsanctuary.org / 828-252-7313)
• Holistic Wellness Retreat located approximately 3 min to UNCA campus.
• Several conference activities will take place at the hotel.
• Special “conference rates locked in until September ($139 and up).
• Double rooms in main building and in “cottages” ringing the main building.
• Specify “Ecomusicology Conference” when booking; either by phone or online. Hotel will take one night’s reservation at “regular” non-discounted rate. Discounted rate will be the “Weekday” not “Weekend” rate and will be applied after the stay.
• Note that no breakfast is included.
Renaissance Inn (www.renaissanceasheville.com / 1-800-468-3571)
• One of Asheville’s top hotels in the heart of downtown, 5 min to UNCA campus.
• Conference rate is $169 for queen double for Thursday, $239 for Fri-Sat, and $99 for Sunday***
• Conventional amenities—pool, fitness, restaurant, etc.
• Shareable double rooms.
• Walkable to all downtown restaurants and shops.
***If you would like to receive the conference rates for Thursday and Sunday please call the Renaissance Inn sales office directly at (828) 210-3006 or (828) 210-3009.
Albermarle Inn (www.albemarleinn.com/) (7 min to UNCA campus)
Bartok’s retreat; historic North Asheville near the Grove Park Inn
Site of Ecomusicologies business meeting on Monday
$200-$350 / weekend rate
Air BnB (www.airbnb.com/s/Asheville–NC)
Various locations around city, various price points
Ashevillage Sanctuary recommended for longer stays
Transportation to Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
Bus ($1 to downtown: check schedule)
Asheville Public Transit